UK businesses can apply to the Biomedical Catalyst for a share of up to £10 million to develop innovative products and processes to healthcare challenges.
The Biomedical Catalyst fund has up to £10 million to invest in innovative projects that tackle some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
The fund is a partnership between Innovate UK and the Medical Research Council. It aims to support innovative ideas across the life sciences sector, to make ideas from research and academia a reality.
Funding support is available in any sector or discipline including:
- stratified healthcare
- advanced therapies, such as gene and cell therapies
- medical technologies and devices
Projects should develop innovative healthcare products, technologies and processes. This could include projects that aim to:
- prevent disease or manage chronic health conditions
- detect or diagnose disease earlier
- provide tailored treatments that change the underlying disease or offer cures
There are 2 funding competitions being run. These are for:
- feasibility studies to explore and evaluate the commercial potential of early-stage ideas. Up to £2 million is available
- early-stage projects to create sufficient data to support later testing of products in a clinical or other relevant setting. Up to £8 million is available