This seminar will assess the future of the life sciences sector in the UK and progress of delivering the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy and the Life Sciences Sector Deal 2 - looking at investment, innovation and next steps for policy.
- Progress in delivering the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy - with Professor Richard Barker, Chief Executive, Health Innovation Network;
- Developing partnerships between industry, the NHS, charities and universities - with Professor Sir Robert Lechler, President, The Academy of Medical Sciences; and
- Regulation of medicines, medical devices and clinical trials post-Brexit - with a senior speaker confirmed from MHRA.
Further sessions focus on:
- Moving forward with commitments in the Sector Deal 2 - investment and infrastructure, patient engagement and meeting the Industrial Strategy Grand Challenges;
- The impact of the Sector Deal to the UK economy and helping business to scale up;
- Ensuring the UK remains an attractive place for investment in life sciences;
- Supporting the uptake and adoption of innovations in the NHS; and
- Next steps for the life sciences sector in the UK.