This seminar will discuss pharmacy services in England, looking at integrating services, digitising medicines records and regulating services.
The conference takes place following the publication of the Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework for 2019/20 to 2023/24.
Delegates will discuss the key priorities for the contract as well as looking at how pharmacy can support the delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan.
The agenda includes keynote contributions from Gul Root, National Lead, Pharmacy Public Health, Health Improvement Directorate, Public Health England; Professor Claire Anderson, Chair, Royal Pharmaceutical Society in England; Simon Dukes, Chief Executive Officer, Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee; Steve Howard, Superintendent Pharmacist and Director, Clinical Standards, McKesson UK; Catherine McDermott, Chief Digital Officer, McKesson UK; Radhika Rangaraju, Head, Integration, Digital Urgent and Emergency Care, NHSX and Duncan Rudkin, Chief Executive and Registrar, General Pharmaceutical Council.
Areas for discussion include:
- Community pharmacy contracts - and the delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan;
- Overprescribing in the NHS - and improving efficiency between primary and secondary care;
- Public health - the role of pharmacy in improvement;
- Developing Primary Care Networks - and integrating services and improving patient care;
- Education and training - supporting the workforce to deliver a clinical service across all care settings;
- The role of technology in the dispensing of medicines;
- Online pharmacies - regulation, transparency, safeguarding and patient choice;
- Urgent and emergency care - delivering integrated digitised care;
- Digitising medicines data - improving access, ensuring patient safety and training the workforce.