This seminar will be a timely opportunity to discuss the next steps for NICE - looking at developing evidence-based guidelines, the impact of NICE’s recommendations on decision making and the role of NICE in accelerating the uptake of innovation.
There will be keynote contributions from Professor Gillian Leng, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Health and Social Care, NICE and Meindert Boysen, Director, Centre for Health Technology Evaluation, NICE.
- Priorities for NICE and the policy landscape for health and social care;
- Measuring the impact of NICE guidelines, utilising data and improving patient and public engagement;
- Challenges for accelerating the uptake of innovative medicines and medical technologies;
- Future funding arrangements as NICE expands;
- Shared decision-making, patient choice and NHS collaboration with NICE;
- Developing future guidelines and increasing adoption;
- Priorities for the pharmaceutical industry - access, value and improving outcomes;
- Evaluating health technologies - the role of HealthTech Connect; and
- Next steps for policy.