This conference will discuss policy for stroke prevention, care and treatment in England - looking at National Stroke Delivery Networks, training and local delivery.
There will be keynote contributions from: Juliet Bouverie, Chief Executive Officer, Stroke Association; and Professor Stephen Powis, National Medical Director, NHS England and NHS Improvement.
Further confirmed speakers include: Helen Williams, Academic Health Science Network; and Dr Sanjeev Nayak, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust.
Chairing is Baroness Wheeler, Opposition Deputy Chief Whip and Member, Shadow Health and Social Care Team.
Sessions will focus on the priorities for implementing the National Stroke Programme which has been developed by NHS England and the Stroke Association to support and meet the delivery of ambitions within the NHS Long Term Plan.
Areas for discussion include:
- The role of Integrated Stroke Delivery Networks and service redesign;
- Delivering prevention and personalised care;
- Progress in rehabilitation and developing pilots;
- Effective rolling out of mechanical thrombectomy; and
- Reducing variation and improving training for the stroke workforce.